- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure out the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Crack eggs and measure vanilla extract together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, measure the sugars and butter. Paddle on medium speed until lightened and fluffy, scraping the sticky down down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and paddle until completely mixed in. Scrape down the bowl.
- Turn off the mixer, add the flour mix, and turn back on low speed, letting the mixer gently mix the flour in. Stop the machine before the flour is completely incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chunks. Turn the machine back on low and mix a few more seconds until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top of each scoop.
- Bake! Check the color of the cookies at 9 minutes. Turn the tray to cook evenly.
For Softer/Chewier Cookies:
Look for light golden brown edges, and a center that is just set, but still soft on the inside (closer to 15 minutes).
For Crunchier Cookies:
Look for an even golden brown color across the entire cookie (closer to 20 minutes).